Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday to Caleb!

Happy 7th Birthday to our Baby Caleb.
He hates when we call him that.
"Im NOT a baby mommy! I am 7, a big boy,
I use the potty, can ride my bike and
read, so stop calling me baby!"
Caleb, son, you will always be our Baby
because we are not having anymore!
Anyway, Caleb had a fun weekend prior to his
birthday. He and Vincent played in
the sprinklers out front after Mikey put in new sod.
On Sunday he went to a birthday party 
for one of the boys in his cub scout troop.
It was held at the L'il 500.
After Daytona both boys were so
excited to drive their own Go-Karts.
Zachary in the 'Kasey Kahne' car.
Zachary wasn't invited, but when we dropped Caleb
off, Sam's parents said Zachary could also race 
because they had a ton of tickets.
We only let Zachary use one of their tickets since
I didn't want him to 'crash' the party.
But we paid for Zachary to drive the bigger cars.
You have to be 8+ to drive these cars.
This is where Caleb wants his party next year.
The cars Caleb was in didn't drive too fast
but Zacharys did and he even spun around on
turns twice.
Go Caleb!
Caleb in the 'Kasey Kahne' car.
The 'Kasey Kahne' car #9 was the fastest.
There is also a bigger track for 10+. 
Those cars go much faster.
Zachary wants to come here for his 10th.
While Caleb had fun racing the cars with his friends
Mike and I took Zachary out to lunch.
When we got back Sam's parents invited him to 
have a cupcake.
Think Caleb enjoyed his?
Monday was a typical day of 8 boys
at our home playing.
Every day after school the same 6 boys
(sometimes 7, 8, 9) 
come over and play on the trampoline, ride bikes 
in our cul-de-sac, play the Wii, or computer games.
The age range is 5-10.
We always have a houseful or yard full of boys.
At 6 we send them all home so we can eat dinner,
then its homework time. 
Caleb had to make a robot for school.
Unfortunately, because we didn't look in his backpack
 Friday after school,  we didn't see that it was due on Tues.
So he only had 1 hour Monday night to work on it.
It turned out cute anyway.

CALEBS BIRTHDAY!
We got up very early and went to IHOP
at 7am for free pancakes. 
March 1st is free pancake day, they only 
ask for donation to the Childrens Hospital.
He wore the pin Gramma & Grumpa
gave him all day. It says Cool Kid.
The boys got pancakes. Mike got an omelet
and I got Steak and eggs. 
We took homemade cookie and cream brownies
to school for his classmates to celebrate his birthday.
For dinner I always make the birthday persons
favorite foods.
Calebs favorite food is crab.
We got him 2 clusters of crab legs.
For the rest of us I made shrimp cocktail, 
 shrimp in a garlic lemon caper sauce,
and Salmon/Crab cakes.
Christina, Ben and Zachary ate their salmon cakes
on buns as a burger.  Mike and I had ours on
a salad topped with the shrimp and sauce.
Watch out Caleb its 'The Claw'!
Zachary does not like seafood. Of any kind whatsoever.
This was our conversation at dinner,
"Mommy I am so glad you made me this yummy
hamburger because I HATE seafood."
"So you like the burger then? Should I make it 
again sometime?"
"Yes, its a tad spicy, but really good."
As soon as he swallowed the last bite...
"So, Zachary, I should make these salmon and crab
burgers again sometime?"
"Yes, it was good......Wait........What?????"
Bwwwaahhaaahaaa!!
Christina had to leave for school, so we hurried up 
and opened his presents so she could see what he got.
Caleb loves to read cards.  Where with most kids your 
lucky if they even look at a card besides looking for money
Caleb reads each and every word.
Opening Aunt Suzy, Uncle Barney, Alaina & Makaylas card.
He got lots of goodies from Uncle Kevie,
Aunt Kim and Rivers.
Although at first he couldn't figure out why they'd 
send him Eggo's.
He got phone calls from Gramma and Grumpa,
and Aunt Suzy.
Then he continued opening gifts.


He wanted this for Christmas, but we waited
till his Birthday instead.
A lego kit to build a Jet Plane.
Look at all those cool gifts!
While Mike cleaned up the kitchen
and I made dessert, Caleb and Zachary
played outside with his new flying disks.
Until they landed in the treetop.
Caleb couldn't wait to build his jet,
so he and Mikey got started on it,
while Zachary and I played the new Uno game Caleb got.
I had Uno 3 times, and Zachary still beat me!
It took us 30 minutes to play one game!
I think we have started something here with these
Legos.  Caleb LOVED putting together the jet
and now is talking about getting more lego kits.
Dessert was finished in the middle of the building.
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake.
As soon as he was done eating he started building again.
Zachary helped put some stickers on.
All done! Play time!



Caleb had a great birthday!
Happy 7th birthday to our BIG Boy (not baby) Caleb!!
************
Now, for a HUGE shout out to Christina!
She is in college full-time,
works at Universal Studios part-time,
helps a wedding coordinator during weddings,
and she just got another part-time job 
as a Promotions Assistant for our local
 103.1 radio station. She will be working events
 such as concerts, fairs, festivals, etc.
And she will help plan some of them.
(They recently planned the
Orlando Food and Wine Festival.)
She will be driving their Escalade to and from the sites,
setting up, and working the booths.
They give her the schedule a month ahead of time,
so Universal will work around those days.
I hope she enjoys her vacation in AZ because
she is going to be one busy girl!!
Oh, and she got called for Jury Duty next month.
Welcome to Adulthood Christina!

1 comment:

Christina said...

:p thank you mom. Lol

Calebs faces in these pics are great.
Ben will be happy to hear about the legos because he loves them too