Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our Cub Scout Weekend

Just when I think I don't have enough pics to blog,
This happens.
I have so many pics, I will have to break it into 2 blogs.
(this one, and one I will post after Daytona)
Mike arranged for Caleb's Cub Scout Troop 
to visit our local Oviedo Fire Dept
and learn what firemen do.
All the boys really enjoyed 
everything the firemen had to say
and let them do.

They got to hold the hose (with help) that puts out fires.



They got to see where our firemen sleep.


They were able to ask some questions.
And they learned how to Stop Drop and Roll
and cover their eyes in case of a fire.

All the boys were so well behaved.

Yes, Caleb is sticking out his tongue. 
I asked him Why? He says "I don't know. Just licking my lips"
They really enjoyed putting on the fire suits.




Who knows, maybe one of these boys will grow 
up to be a Fireman!

They even got to pretend to drive the truck.

And even turn on the siren!

They learned about all the compartments
a firetruck has.
Our town of Oviedo has 3 fire stations.
A new one is scheduled to be built right near our house
on Aloma and Dean.
Which is good because it would only be 2 miles from our house
where this one is the closest at 6 miles away.
Not far.. Unless our house is on fire,
or a kid is trapped in a sinkhole.
The kids really enjoyed the day

they all want to go on ride alongs (when they are 12)




Caleb is so fascinated with Firemen that he 
came home and dressed in his fireman outfit.
Last night we had the Blue and Gold Banquet.
Zachary got a certificate for the PineWood Derby
for the Shiniest Car.
Calebs was the Toughest Car.

Zacharys troop put on a skit.
Mike didn't know he was suppose to have Calebs den do a skit.
Oh well, it was hard to hear anyway because parents are
so rude and talked thru the entire thing.
Caleb got his trophy for his Pine Wood Derby Car.
He immediately put his car on his trophy.
Why I don't have a pic of THAT? I don't know.
It was a fun Boy Scout Weekend.
More pics to come about the rest of our week,
 but we leave for Daytona
on Tuesday thru Monday.
Pray to all the Gods and Mother Nature that
we have nice weather, unlike last year.

1 comment:

Christina Ayers said...

hahaha a kid stuck in a sinkhole!

love the pictures and i didn't even know that they got to visit the firemen, dang it i should have gone. :P