Caleb was in a golf tournament on Sat the 3rd
in Palm Beach. He has played this course several
times, so he was pretty used to it.
in Palm Beach. He has played this course several
times, so he was pretty used to it.
He was the youngest, the oldest was 12.
This kid played the round with Caleb.
He finished last.
Caleb and Mikey were a team.
Guess who made a Par?!
Awesome shot Caleb!
He finished 5th out of 9 players.
Yay Caleb!
We are going to need to build a big shelf for all his trophies!
On the 5th, Mike and I left for North Carolina. Again.
Normally I read a book to Mike while he drives.
This time tho, I wanted to see the scenery since
I had never been thru here. So we went to the library
and got 2 Clive Cussler books on CD.
Boy, am I so glad I got to see the scenery.
Big trees.
More big trees.
Yep, more trees.
Ugh! Really?!
Finally! Scenery!
We stopped again in Downtown Savannah.
This time we had dinner in a haunted house called
"Olde Pink House"
Check out the info on it at: Olde Pink House

Riverfront is the place to be.

Later that night we found a haunted bar
where we had a local pint of beer for only $3
and free pool. Didn't see any ghosts tho. Bummer.
Downtown Savannah is very old. Lots of the
buildings have been resurfaced, but a lot haven't.
This elevator was missing its whole building!
This site creeped us out more than the Haunted
Houses or Bar we visited.
In the morning we headed to a cute
French Cafe for brunch to go.
Here we blew our $30 a day food budget in one meal.
We should know better than to eat at a place where
they do not post their prices.
These fries? $10. Ouch!
Yes, they were good having been cooked in duck fat
and the sauce with it was good, but not THAT good!
Our sandwiches were pretty close to being worth
what their price was. If we were rich.
Then we headed to Greensboro.
I guess I didn't get any pics of it because
I didn't really go anywhere except the pool.
Mike worked 9 to 6.
By the time he got back and we figured out where to
eat, (we take forever to decide) it would be too dark to
get a decent picture.
We had planned on sightseeing
Saturday on our way to Tenn,
but our babysitter plans fell thru
for Sunday evening, so we headed home Saturday.
We didn't tell the boys, so they were surprised
and very happy to see us two days early!
That was really ok with us, as we have
been gone so much.
On Tuesday Caleb got his braces on!
He stayed still the entire time.
They are only across his front 6 teeth
(4 actually since his side ones are still not in)
They also put spacers in the back of his last molars
to keep him from being able to close his mouth completely.
This is so as his tooth moves forward his bottom teeth
will stay out of its way.
He didn't want attention brought to his mouth
so he opted for clear braces instead of silver ones.
His bottom teeth are not bad although they
look like it in the picture because the one
in the center was chipped while wresting with
Dusty over the summer. When he is older we can
fill the chip in.
By the end of the day, he was announcing
to his friends, "check out my braces!" and showing
them a huge grin.
With the boys being back in school,
means fund raiser time.
Right now its Go For a Hike
If you would like to sponsor the boys in the
Walkathon and see your name on this paper
then email me and let me know.
You can pledge any amount per laps they walk,
or you can pledge a one time donation.
When the walkathon is over, the school will send
out the payment amount due.
Please know, this is strictly voluntary, and is not
expected of you, however it is greatly appreciated!
Also, coming up!
Boy Scout Popcorn Sales.
I will be posting that information when I get it.
to his friends, "check out my braces!" and showing
them a huge grin.
With the boys being back in school,
means fund raiser time.
Right now its Go For a Hike
If you would like to sponsor the boys in the
Walkathon and see your name on this paper
then email me and let me know.
You can pledge any amount per laps they walk,
or you can pledge a one time donation.
When the walkathon is over, the school will send
out the payment amount due.
Please know, this is strictly voluntary, and is not
expected of you, however it is greatly appreciated!
Also, coming up!
Boy Scout Popcorn Sales.
I will be posting that information when I get it.























1 comment:
Nice blog. It is always good to get your updates. Wish I was there to see it in real life. Oh well, maybe next lifetime.
Love you
Dad
Post a Comment