Saturday, November 5, 2011

Our Halloween Haunted House

We had quite the week heading up to Halloween.
Christina spent most of her weekend applying
makeup on 'clients'. She does a great job!
 She also made us some yummy cupcakes.
On Saturday her and Ben went to a friends
Halloween party. She made her costume herself!
She is the Black Swan.
 
 
The only pumpkin that got carved, was done by
Christina at Bens house.
We bought pumpkins to carve, but never got to it.
Oh dear,  I guess I should clean my toilet more often.
Mike and I knew we wanted to 'out do' our
haunted house that  we had  last year. 
So we decided to have it in the garage.
After discussing the arrangements for a few minutes,
Mike turned to me and said, "How about a Walk-thru?"
Oh ya baby! We began to plan...
Headed to Halloween City and started building our creation.
We started on Monday. Finished right at 7pm Halloween.
Mike added a new light.
We took down all the decorations, and put up new walls.
And painted a new ceiling and floors.
Put up skeletons.
Took down skeletons.
We created a butcher shop out of our living room 
and pool table.
Hung skeletons on the ceiling in laundry room
and the garage.
The garage is where they entered at.
Then it was into the Spider Room.
We hung spider webs with lots of spiders hanging
down in our kitchen and den walkway.
Put an animated light-up skeleton guy in a corner.
Added black lights so spider web on ceiling
and on the floor glowed in the dark. 
Then they walked thru the black strings hanging down
into the butcher room where we had Lab buzzing noises 
in the background.  Mike was walking around the  
Operating Table moaning about looking for his next
person to chop up.  Our friend Al was  hiding on the 
other side of the wall.  While they were watching what
Mike was doing Al would come up behind them and
scare them. Under the pool table was Ben. He had a
mask on and would crawl out from under and grab
at peoples legs.  
Its not scary during the day, but at night with the fog machine,
the floors looked great and everything looked so spooky!
 The floor in the butcher room had bloody foot prints all over it.
 Not sure why I didn't get a pic of that.
Then it was thru the bloody wall into a Zombie room.
Mike removed the front door so Christina could 
jump out from behind the wall and scare them.
Al's son Nick, dressed as a zombie, was standing in this 
corner which is slightly behind where they enter.
 He would chase them out of the house where
 his friend Matt  was waiting in the side bushes.
This is how it looked at night.
They had to walk thru the Ghost mouth.
This is where Matt was behind.



All of our decorations are handmade by Christina and I.
I stood in front of the garage and welcomed
visitors.  I only let 2-3 go at a time about 1 min apart, 
 We had a line into the cul-de-sac.
Our creepy costumes.
Christina was a Zombie.
My friend and my hairstylist, Crystal came over with 
her 10 yr old son and his friend. 
 They went trick or treating with our boys and 
Crystal handed out candy.
Mannequins and mannequin heads come in quite
handy during Halloween!
Zachary was Mario and Caleb Spiderman.
Caleb has been spiderman almost every night
because they make great jammies.
Creepy!
After the boys got done trick or treating Caleb put on
a scary mask, went under the table and started
scaring people as they came by.  Zachary and
the other kids played Wii.
Here is a video.  It was taken by our next door neighbor,
who had already been thru several times.  


We had so much fun putting this together and scaring so many people.
Next years will be even better. There will be a  blind corner thru
the den. Perfect for someone to be behind the walls.
MUUHHHAHHAAHHHAAAA!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That all was great stuff!!! Really!!

Gramma Ann said...

Oh what fun. Wish I could have been there for Halloween. We only got two little children at our door. I really miss our wonderful parties.

I’m so happy that you are all so creative and what fun your neighborhood must have had visiting the Halloween house.

I need to borrow Caleb’s pogo stick. Think I could actually jump on it. I might lose a couple of pounds.

Got your letters yesterday. We really appreciate you for being so faithful in writing us and what sweet notes from the boys. We love them (the notes) and will post them on the frige for all to see.

Ann Freedle