Friday, November 4, 2011

A Week of Fun

We have been very busy since I returned from Phx.
Boy Scouts took over our life almost every night and 
several weekends.
 We had a campout at a nearby lake.
See the line Zachary is pointing to? 
It is the water line from Tropical Storm Fay
that poured on our area.
 The kids learned how to play marbles. 
They all loved this game. 
We had to finally call Time because we needed to
move to another activity.
 They now play marbles at school, and have 
asked for marbles as a Christmas present.
 Christina and Ben joined us at the campout.
 Caleb is sneaking up on them. 
Surprise!

 Caleb loves wearing his helmet.
People have asked us if he "needs" it.
This downed tree was a big source of entertainment.
 Mikey actually got a 2 min nap in while Zachary 
painted his pumpkin. 
The closing ceremony was also a Flag Retirement
Ceremony. The flag is tore into stripes then each
strip is placed in the fire.
 See how close Zachary is standing by the fire?
At 2 am he woke Mike up because  he was wheezing
and having a hard time breathing. So Mike took
Zachary and Caleb home. 
(I had left earlier with Christina and Ben) 
A couple of breathing treatments later Zachary was fine.
They returned the next morning to pack up. 
Everyone thought they went for coffee and donuts.
The schools out here don't celebrate Halloween,
but they did have a Spooky Science Fair.
That was fun.
Whats in the box?
Something slimy!
No Caleb! Not on your costume! ugh.
Noodles. Spaghetti noodles.
I opted out of reaching into the box.
Our pack put Mikes name as the main leader of 
Calebs Den 6.  He is really getting involved in a lot
of aspects of scouting.  I am also getting more involved.
I am Pack 931's Historian.  I take pictures at all the 
events then upload them to our website. 
Zachary likes to sit on the counter and play DS or 
iphone games while I cook. 
 It reminds me of when I was little,
I would sit on the counter and watch my mom cook.
Mom, you have a pic of me sitting on the counter,
I think I am in 5th or 6th grade. Take a picture of
it and send it to me please!
We help turtles cross the road pretty often.
Just have to watch out, because they will pee on you.
I'm jealous, Christina got her nose pierced.
Christina and Ben hung out recently at 
Uncle Owiees.  Dave got his Halo off finally.
He is back to work now.
 Frank is still having trouble with his ankle and foot,
 so he is out of work until about the first of the year.
Christina and Ben flew to New York
for his Uncles wedding.
They had a good time.
I love these pictures.
Must frame these!
Check out the difference Calebs braces
have made already!

Today we had a PT meeting with Zacharys
speech teacher and regular teacher.
Zachary has turned in all his homework, and brought
up all his grades. He is doing wonderful in all his classes.
 Yay Zachary!
The other morning this was in my tub!
 I didn't even know Florida HAD scorpions!
Im just very glad he was in the tub.  Mike squished 
him, then flushed him. eewwwww!!!
We got Caleb this POGO stick last Christmas.
He just started using it last week. 


Here is a 2 min video of him jumping.
I stopped recording after 2 min, then still had time
to take the pictures. Thats how good he has gotten.
 The beginning of Oct we had a yard sale. 
The boys left their bikes in the front yard and 
someone asked if they were for sale. 
 I said, "Sure!"
They were getting too small anyway.
Mike and I then found them bigger bikes on 
Craigslist. Both bikes look brand new.
Yet were only $20!
Zacharys is BLUE of course,
and Calebs is RED. That is how it is
with everything. Zachary gets blue,
Caleb gets red.
Between the POGO stick, trampoline
 and pulling Zachary and other friends around,
 Caleb is going to end up with huge leg muscles!
Zachary doesn't ride his bike too much,
he prefers his scooter. Or to have Caleb pull him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to take a moment to tell you how wonderful you and mike are doing at parenting! Chirstina is ravashing, the boys are flurishing at what they enjoy most. A wonderful gift a parent passes onto their children.