Monday, April 11, 2011

Mike's & My 11th Anniversary

April 2nd was Mikes and my 11th Wedding Anniversary.
Happy Anniversary Love!
We went northwest to the Suwannee River.
Its about 2 1/2 hours from us.
It runs all the way from Georgia to the Gulf.
We found this house on VRBO.com
a great website and most of the homes are the 
same price or cheaper than a hotel room, and
they range anywhere from 1 bd to 6!
This was the house we fell in love with.
It has a cargo lift for the suitcases and groceries.
We stopped at a nearby local farmers market and
picked up our fruits, veggies and eggs. 
This is where I said something that Mike will never
let me live down.  I was curious about the difference 
between freshly laid eggs and the kind in the grocery store, 
so I asked the person selling the eggs, 
"When were these eggs hatched?"
The house was just perfect.
A gourmet kitchen that I fell in love with.
Hi Def flat screen tv's in all the rooms.
Every thing that your own house would have in it.
 Some of these pics I took from their website because
my pics were taken without a flash and were
too dark. 
The view was incredible. 
It could not be any more relaxing and enjoyable.
It was perfect.
This is the view that Mike was taking in in the above pic.
The 3 level dock was nice, although we spent our
time only on the floating dock.
Good thing Mike and I have good sea legs.
A floating dock feels like your standing on a boat.
We bought some bait, and the only thing they
sold was worms. Our first several toss outs
didn't amount to much.  Just clams.
The tiny little clams ate my earthworm!
Yes, I said clam'S' because 2 of them ate my worms 
back to back. I have never caught a clam before
and here I caught 2 in a row.
Finally we caught a Spotted Sunfish.
He was about 8 1/2 inches, so we threw him back.
Only afterwards, when I called Christina and had
her look him up in a book we forgot to bring,
did we find out that Spotted Sunfish are excellent
food, and most adults are smaller than 8 inches.
Then we found a paper inside the house that said
"Big Catch"
you fill out the info, and pics and send it in for a
certificate IF you catch a Spotted Sunfish bigger
than 8 inches!  Oh well, here's the proof anyway.
The rest of the fishing was uneventful.
We caught several catfish, all of which we
threw back since neither of us are interested
in eating catfish.
We are smart enough to know that we may not catch any fish,
 so we brought some steak, pork chops
and baby back ribs.
Saturday night was the NCAA.
Mike did an online March Madness Basketball Fantasy League.
He finished 4th out of 65.
I just stayed on facebook and played games online
while he was engrossed in the game.
Then we got down to some Scrabble.
We ended the weekend tied 3 to 3.
We are very even matched in our ability at Scrabble.
So all the games were very close.
We used our iphones for conformation that the
words we used were English words. 
 I had the highest word point of the weekend.
Mike played 'flare' I played 'equip'
Mike played 'zip' I played blank and E D
for equipped.  I'm pretty sure this was one of my game wins.
We brought our bikes and went for a long
bike ride thru the countryside. We didn't bring
our phones, so no pics. Too bad because
although we were riding along a fence, there was
a huge herd of cattle.  They saw us and
started following us all along their fence.
They were very beefy, so we were glad there was
a fence separating us!
We also took the canoe out several times.
The river is a fast south flowing river. 2 mph!
It may not sound like much, but YOU try rowing a
canoe up it for 2 miles.
About 1/2 mile up the river was a natural spring.
There was a little channel that only a canoe would fit.
It was really pretty.
We had a wonderful time, the weekend was on its way to being perfect.

No comments: