Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fun times

Mike is such an awesome
Cub master. He has arranged so many fun activities for our scouts to do. The last few years had been pretty boring. The former cubmaster just didn't interact with the kids and never scheduled anything fun. The scouts enjoy talking to Mike and asking him nonstop questions! This week we took the scouts on a night hike thru Florida's natural wilderness. We had a very knowledgable guide to lead us. 

The kids discovered deer tracks, hog tracks, and rabbit tracks. Saw spiders, birds, and insects and heard different frogs. 
While we were looking at what we thought was a woodpeckers nest a flying squirrel came right out of it just to show us that it was his nest! Then it stayed on the tree for some great pictures. A minute later it's mate came out and they took off playing. The scouts and us parents loved it!
Here is a picture of Caleb's dinner I made him. Mike and I had grilled salmon salad,(forgot to take the pic before we devoured it) but Caleb preferred shrimp. Zachary had chicken. 
I also made one of our favorites. Mussels in garlic sauce. The 3 of us devoured it. 
(Zachary never eats seafood if he knows its seafood) 
Sunday we again went to universal studios. The boys got to pet a baby 'dinosaur'  
Then we let them explore Jurassic Camp Wilderness for about an hour. 
When I was walking around they sprayed me with these water guns. I got them back and several other people too! 
By the end of it we were all drenched. 
Then we went to the movies and saw Peeples and then snuck into Star Trek. 
Ssshhhhh! 

We are all loving the bows and arrows we have now. Here is Mike shooting one. 
I drew this deer target. Those arrows are MY shots!! I'm pretty good! 

No comments: